Horizontal Vacuum Precision Investment Casting Furnaces
Consarc’s line of Vacuum Precision Investment Casting (VPIC) furnaces are uniquely designed to ensure the production of repeatable products with minimal maintenance and high furnace availability. Parts with an Equiax grain structure are easily produced in a VPIC and with the addition of a Mold Heater and Water Cooled Chill Plate, Directionally solidified and Single-Crystal castings are able to produced as well. Consarc offers many features to ensure the highest productivity including, automatic baffle exchange, liner and billet charging, and an independent liner dump chute. Whatever your process entails a Consarc VPIC can be tailor designed to suit your needs.
• Door mounted, rapid exchange melt coils, without any power or water connections internal to the vacuum chamber.
• Melt coil translation system for accurate pouring with Teach Pour
• Horizontal billet charging with single use liner insertion and removal capability
• High speed mold transfer with multi position control
• Precision mold withdrawal system
• Large capacity vacuum systems for fast mold chamber evacuation
• Automatic temperature control of molten metal with optical pyrometer
• PLC based automated controls with full SCADA
• Stainless steel melt chambers for continuous high vacuum operation
• Robust delta seals on main chamber sealing flanges
• Water cooled articulating mold chamber isolation valve (Vertical Units Only)
• Custom engineered and designed equipment specifically for individual user’s process