Multiple Electrode ElectroSlag Remelting Furnaces
Consarc electrode eschange ESR furnaces utilize multiple electrodes, one at a time in series, to form a single larger ingot. Electrode exchange furnaces always utilize two ESR furnace heads, and can be designed to exchange into either a static melt station or a withdrawal melt station that is located between the two heads.
Frequently these furnaces will have one or two “side” melting stations as well, which can allow for higher productivity when melting more standard product in a single electrode to single ingot configuration.
• Fully coaxial
• Precision electrode drive
• Fully automated melt control
• X-Y electrode centring
• Inert gas melting capable
• Dry air melting capable
• Slab ingot capable
• Dry slag starting capable
• Liquid slag starting available
• Purpose designed AC power supplies