Vertical Steel Induction Billet Heating Systems
In recent years increased demand for extruded seamless tubing, particularly from stainless steel, nickel and titanium has increased the demand for high integrity tubing having a totally uniform, homogenous metallurgical structure. This is achieved by single-zone and multi-zone heating systems.
Banyard Vertical Steel Induction (VSI) systems have been designed for the precision vertical induction heating of solid or pierced billets:-
• Billet diameters over the range 150mm to 460mm
• Billet lengths 300mm to 1500mm
Banyard also offers customers extensive electrical and mechanical handling expertise, able to deliver complete turnkey solutions including the following:-
• Billet Up-Enders / Vertical Lift Units
• Billet Transfer Ramps / Conveyors
• Billet heating in controlled atmosphere systems to minimise unwanted oxidation
- High circumferential temperature accuracy and repeatability. i.e. better temperature distribution
- Ability to process billets from different materials with minimum oxidation and scale. Full range of Austenitic, Nickel alloy, Duplex stainless steels, Titanium and its alloys and Zirconium.
- No billet sticking and no glass lubricant build-up
- Single-zone systems with automated coil tap variations for different billet lengths giving the ability to vary the temperature profile along the billet length
- Multi-zone systems with zone control and switching for different billet lengths giving the ability to vary the temperature profile along the billet length